Imagine having access to a broad offering of classes available online, open to anyone with the Gadsden Public Library card.
The Gadsden Public Library, in partnership with Recorded Books, is offering that now, through the Universal Class Library Edition.
Recorded Books (Prince Frederick, MD) announced the offering of this powerful new online continuing education service designed specifically for use by the patrons of public libraries.
GPL Adult Services Director Craig Scott said the library introduced the classes last week.
Universal Class offers patrons a unique online education experience. With a growing catalog of over 540 courses, Universal Class is committed to providing only the most affordable and highest quality online training.
With real instructors guiding the learning, engaging video-based lessons, a collaborative learning environment, graded lesson tests, certificates of achievement and Continuing Education Units available for selected courses, students enjoy an engaging and measurable learning experience that helps them master and document their educational goals.
Universal Class offers courses in Exercise and Fitness, Entrepreneurship, Arts and Music, Home and Garden Care, Cooking, Computers and Technology, Health and Medicine, Homeschooling, Job Assistance, Law and Legal, Parenting and Family, Pet and Animal Care and hundreds of other topics..
Details on Universal Class may be found at www.gadsdenlibrary.org or at the nearest branch of the Gadsden Public Library
UniversalClass Requirements: UniversalClass is an online learning service. In order to successfully complete a UniversalClass online course, you’ll need to meet these minimum requirements:
• An Internet connection (note: broadband access is not required).
• A modern web browser. Specifically, UniversalClass has been proven to work with the latest versions of most major web browsers, including the most recent releases of the following: Microsoft’s Internet Explorer and Mozilla’s FireFox (both available free for download at their respective websites).
• Cookies must be enabled on the web browser for UniversalClass domains.
• You must have a verified and working email address that you regularly check.
• If an online class has video segments then you’ll need the latest flash player (free from Adobe) installed.
However all video transcripts are available online and viewing videos is not a requirement.
• A printer is recommended if you wish to print out the course materials to study offline.
• Any required books are listed in the course syllabus. The course syllabus is available to the general public online (browse to the course enrollment screen and click on the link ‘view syllabus’).
Books are not included in our online courses.