The Girl Scouts of North-Central Alabama is bringing back the Women of Distinction Luncheon to East Alabama on April 4, from 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. at the Anniston City Meeting Center in Anniston. This luncheon will recognize 10 outstanding women representing Etowah, Taladega, Calhoun, Cleburne, Cherokee, Clay and Randolph counties.
The Women of Distinction program pays tribute to women who have made special contributions to their community through civic, academic and/or professional involvement.
Anna Berry of Heflin, deputy director of Alabama and Georgia Land Trust, will receive the 2014 Frances E. Couch Lifetime Achievement Award. This distinguished award honors an outstanding woman who embodies unselfish leadership, is committed to community service in East Alabama, and exemplifies the ideals of Girl Scouting.
The 2014 Women of Distinction Honorees are:
· Becky Boddie of Ashland; Councilwoman, City of Ashland
· Sonde Coleman of Anniston; City President of BBVA Compass Calhoun County
· Rhonda Dehaven of Gadsden; Chief Practice Officer, Gadsden Regional Medical Center
· Jackie Edmondson of Gadsden; Communications Manager, Goodyear
· Kisha Linley of Anniston; Accounting Services Manager, Alabama Power
· Tina Seals of Lincoln; Owner/Agent, Seals Insurance LLC
· Kristi Smith of Anniston; Southwire
· Eula Tatman of Anniston; Vice President, Grants, Scholarships and Initiatives, Community Foundation of Northeast Alabama
· Terri Womack of Anniston; General Manager, Cable One.
Proceeds from the East Women of Distinction Luncheon provide direct support to Girl Scouts of North-Central Alabama, which serves more than 15,000 girl members in 36 counties.
The presenting sponsor is Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama. For more information on reservations or sponsorships, please contact Kelly Connelly at 800-734-4541 x1030 or visit girlscoutsnca.org/wodeast. Reservations to the luncheon are $50 for general admission and $35 for Girl Scout members.
About Girl Scouts of North-Central Alabama: Girl Scouting gives every girl access to life-changing experiences that inspire her to do something BIG! Girl Scouts of North-Central Alabama is a United Way community partner and serves over 15,000 members ages 5-17 and 5,000 volunteers in programs across 36 counties.
For more information, call 800-734-4541 or visitgirlscoutsnca.org.