By Toni Ford
Last week, I shared some prayer points that we as believers could be praying for regarding Afghanistan. As I have continued to pray for Afghanistan and learned what is happening in other nations, this week the Lord impressed upon my heart the need to pray for ALL nations.
I know we often want to “do something” to help when we see a need or a crisis that needs repair or healing, and for us “doers,” it can become frustrating when we cannot “do something” to help. However, James 5:16 reminds us that “the earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results.” It is through prayer that we can partner with God to impact the nations and this action is one of, if not the greatest, actions we can take when our hearts are breaking from the situations in our nation and in all other nations across our world.
Listed below is a beautiful prayer guide from Sylvia Gunter and the ministry of “The Father’s Business.” May we partner together this week in praying for ALL the nations, and may you be encouraged knowing that your prayers do produce wonderful results!
* Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, all glory and honor are Yours. You have complete rule, authority and sovereignty. You reign over all nations. You are seated on Your holy throne (Psalm 47:8). Your dominion endures forever (Psalm 145:11-13). You are King of kings and Lord of lords.
* In Your powerful name and by Your power, we stand against all spiritual forces that are operating in our nation. Everything is subject to You (Ephesians 1:21-22). To all opposing powers, we say, “The Lord rebuke you” (Jude 1:9). Your name is the name above all names. At Your name every knee will bow in heaven and on earth and under the earth and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father (Philippians 2:9-11).
* Come, Holy Spirit, and rend the heavens and come down to make Your name known to Your enemies and cause the nations to quake before You (Isaiah 64:1-2). Create in each of us a clean heart. Search our hearts and cleanse us of all unrighteousness (Psalm 51).
* Awaken Your church. Awaken our hearts to call out to You in humility and seek Your face. Only You can heal our land (2 Chronicles 7:14). Empower Your church to move in unity and love by Your Spirit (John 17:23, 24, 26).
* We pray for our pastors and Christian leaders to be in tune with Your heartbeat for the people You have given them to shepherd. May they demolish every argument and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God and take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. (2 Corinthians 10:5)
* We pray for our political leaders to know You. May they govern righteously according to Your will. We ask for You to call forth just men to rule in the fear of the Lord (2 Samuel 23:3).
* Draw all people to Yourself. (John 12:32). Call forth your sons and daughters. Awaken the slumbering spirits in our nation so that they might find everything they are searching for in You.
Thank you, Lord, for hearing our prayers and for working among ALL nations! We give You all the glory and praise!
If you would like me to join you in prayer please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I would love to pray for you!