By Toni Ford
I actually had an entirely different topic that I was planning on writing on this week, but the Lord kept stirring within me that there might be some who simply need to be encouraged. I know that when I am in a situation where the situations within me seem greater than life itself and I have no idea what to pray about, I run to the Word of God for encouragement. We can never go wrong when we pray His Word, for it is the ONLY truth and it will never change or go out of date. It is the breath of God and just as alive and powerful today as it was over 2,000 years ago.
So although today’s devotion is very simple, it is my prayer that each person who takes the time to read and pray these scriptures below would be strengthened and encouraged and that they would sense more of our Lord’s peace in their hearts and home, allowing them to walk with a greater confidence and faith than they did the day before.
Declare and decree the following scriptures over your life and in each of your circumstances today.
* Philippians 4:13: “For I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.” Lord, today I trust You to give me the strength I need to get through this day and to face what is ahead of me. You are my strength oh Lord!
* Philippians 4:19: “The same God who takes care of me, will supply all your needs from His glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.” Lord, You say here in Your Word that You can and will supply all my needs. I know at times what I think I need is not always what is best and You are working in ways that at times I don’t understand, but I do trust You today to provide for me ALL that I need and when I need it. You know what is best, so I thank You for providing and trust You to do so.
* Isaiah 46:10” “Only I can tell you the future before it happens. Everything I plan will come to pass, for I do whatever I wish.” Lord, You are sovereign and know all things. Thank you that nothing is a surprise to You and that all that You have planned will come to pass and no man, no government, or no one in authority, not even Satan can stop Your plans.
* Psalms 119:89-90: “Your eternal Word, O Lord, stands firm in heaven. Your faithfulness extends to every generation, as enduring as the earth you created.” Thank You, Lord, that Your Word is eternal and stands firm. Thank You that Your faithfulness is also firm and lasts from generation to generation. May I never forget all the ways You have been faithful to me and my family.
* Romans 8:35, 37: “Can anything ever separate us from Christ’s love? No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us.” Thank you, Lord, for settling all this on the cross once and for all. You are for me, and NOTHING can separate Your love for me. May I return that love by having a heart of obedience to You.
*2 Corinthians 1:3-4: “God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort. He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others.” Lord, today I give You all the areas of unrest in my life. You are the Comforter, so I trust You to bring the peace and comfort I need in each of these areas of my life.
Thank you, Lord, for the encouragement of Your Word. Today I close by declaring this Word over my life. Psalm 18:1-3: “I love you, Lord. You are my strength.
The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my Savior; my God is my rock in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me and my place of safety. I called on the Lord, who is worthy of praise, and he saved me from my enemies.”
If you would like me to join you in prayer please e-mail me at email@example.com. I would love to pray for you!