By Rosie Preston
- Use avocados as a face mask. They are delicious to eat in several different recipes.
- Put banana peel on your skin. I’m not sure if we eat the banana before or after the treatment.
- Put orange peel on your skin to moisturize it and make it smooth. You may also grind the peel to be used to give an orange zest to whatever recipe you may be using.
- Place a quartered cut up lemon by your bedside table. This never works very long because my great-grandchildren eat them like candy.
- Rinse your hair with vinegar to make it shine and have more body. The smell goes away when your hair is dry.
- Vicks Salve was used for everything in the old days. When my grandparents were growing up, it was used on a daily basis. Some people put in in their nose, while others would swallow a teaspoon a day.
- Drink red wine for your health. My Papa would allow me and my sister get in an aluminum tub and stomp our feet in whatever fruit he was using. To this day, I will only drink a sweet and fruity wine.
Contact Rosie Preston at email@example.com.