According to Tom Banks, Deputy Director of the Mary G. Hardin Center for Cultural Arts, since opening on February 8 and through May 25, the Hardin Center’s Dinosaurs ALIVE! exhibit has had 21,264 visitors from 292 unique zip codes.
“This is an increase over our 2014 total visitation to our exhibits of 18,909 and we are expecting a great final nine weeks,” said Banks. “The exhibit will close on August 3rd.”
The Hardin Center is open seven days a week, Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m. and on Sundays from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. There is an $8 per person admission charge for non-members and a $4 charge for members. All day admission to Imagination Place Children’s Museum and the exhibits of the Hardin Center is included. Special members’ free days for the Dinosaurs ALIVE! exhibit will be on Saturday and Sunday, June 6 and 7.
For the months of June and July, The Hardin Center will offer DINO Days Programs at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Each day the center will have a different activity:
• Monday- guided dinosaur tour
• Tuesday- Dinolympics at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. (we will partner with the Gadsden Museum of Art for an activity)
• Wednesday- craft/art/color sheet
• Thursday- Dinolympics
• Friday- paleontologist for a day
On Wednesdays during June and July Premiere Cinemas will offer $1 movies for children at 10 a.m. The staff of Imagination Place and Dinosaurs ALIVE! will be on the inside mall area by the cinemas offering free programs from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. The programs offered are related to the movies being shown. The schedule is:
• 6/3- The Lego Movie (Lego play)
• 6/10- Rio (make a bird mask)
• 6/17- The Croods (coloring pages)
• 6/24- Rio 2 (face painting)
• 7/1- The Book of Life (make paper plate candy skull masks)
• 7/8- Horton Hears a Who (make elephant ears)
• 7/15- Madagascar 3 (make animal masks)
• 7/22- The Spongebob Movie (make paper plate jellyfish craft)
• 7/29- Hotel Transylvania (make toilet paper roll bats)
In a cross promotion for Jurassic World (which premieres on June 11) and the Dinosaurs ALIVE! exhibit, visitors who show their admission ticket to Dinosaurs ALIVE! at Premiere Cinemas will receive a free small popcorn and visitors who show their movie ticket stub at the Dinosaurs ALIVE! exhibit will receive $1 off admission.